With over 1600 photography workshop spots over 3 days and 30+ of Australia’s best photographers and instructors, BFOP 2022 is set to be bigger, better, crazier and more chaotic than EVER!
We’re delivering you workshops in nearly every genre of photography that you can think of alongside not one but two presentations stages as well as special events from our brand sponsors. If you’ve been to BFOP before you don’t need to read on, just hit the ‘checkout’ button and be done with it because you know this will be the weekend to define 2022!
New to BFOP? Well what can I say? Hmmm. BFOP was born out of the love of photography, an incredible community of professional photographers and a bet Nick Fletcher made over a large quantity of beer. We’re not your regular photography festival, ditching the stuffiness and stuffing it with good old fashion fun and shenanigans whilst learning nearly anything you want to know about photography from Australia’s best. There is a main marquee that hosts presentations from our instructors from sunrise to sunset, a broadcast stage with live presentations as well as over 50 workshops to choose from delivered by our team of over 25 instructors. The evenings are all about community, with booze filled shenanigans, prizes, games and a whole lot of fun on the main stage of the marquee.
How does it work?
- Purchase your BFOP 2022 ticket
- You will be sent $400 BFOP dollars in the form of a voucher code, keep this safe (don’t worry team, the credit is 20% less than previous years but workshops will also be 20% cheaper too so it’s the same deal, this just makes it easier to price additional bookings more sensibly)
- August 2022 the schedule for the festival goes live with workshop times/costs (workshop are typically between $50-200 “BFOP dollars”… you have $400 of them. Most people manage 4-5 workshops with their credit). Please don’t wait until the schedule goes live to buy a ticket as we always sell out months beforehand.
- September 2022 workshop bookings go live. This is where you log onto the website and book the workshops you want to attend over the weekend using the $400 of BFOP credit you received with your ticket purchase.
- October 2022 – Once everyone has had a chance to book their workshops using the vouchers, you can top up your bookings with real dollars if you want to jam more into the weekend.
- October 7-9th 2022 – Registrations open on the Friday morning and the festival kicks off just after lunch with workshops and tons of presentations on the main stages (open to all ticket holders) as well as social shenanigan evenings!
Grab your ticket and sit tight! There is tons of accommodation in Bright at that time of year so we suggest waiting until a little closer to the date because COVID is still being a bit of a cheeky turd. If we do run into COVID issues the festival will once again go into virtual mode and you’ll have a chance to retain your ticket and join us online or request a refund which we will promptly process in accordance with our Terms and Conditions 🙂
Terms and Conditions
The Victorian Government has indicated that it will require organizer of events to confirm participants are double vaccinated so we expect this to be the case for BFOP 22. Please don’t buy a ticket if you aren’t vaccinated.
- This ticket will give you entry to BFOP 22 and provide $400 credit to purchase workshops at the event. We do not guarantee access to any specific workshop or any individual instructor. As your mum said “you get what you get and you don’t get upset”. Tickets do not include accommodation, food and beverages, transport or any other costs associated with your glorious weekend away.
- We reserve the right to change the date, cancel the event or put the event online. In these cases we will offer a refund on the ticket price if you do not wish to attend the rescheduled / online event. We will not refund accommodation or other costs. Do not book accommodation until closer to the event date. There is plenty of accommodation in Bright during October!
- Many of the activities involve an element of risk. While we try to minimise the risk, we are outside, often in National Parks and often moving across rugged terrain sometimes in the dark. We also photography bicycles, skateboarders, motorbikes and fire eaters – all of which could hurt you. By participating in BFOP your recognize there is a risk of injury and your equipment may be damaged. You also agree not to hold the organizers liable.
- The Fun Police in Victorian Government will require us to abide by some fairly stringent Covid Safe practices. This is likely to include only allowing double vaccinated participants to attend. We don’t have a political stance on vaccination but we will stick to the law. If you don’t intend to get double vaccinated please don’t buy a ticket. We won’t refund tickets because you are not vaccinated.
- You are welcome to resell your ticket if you can’t attend. Matt and Nick organize this fesitval in their spare time and don’t have the bandwidth to refund or resell the ticket for you. Think of it as a concert ticket.
- Did we mention not booking accommodation until close to the event?
- There are always seven rules.