As you know each year we hold a photography competition with super awesome prizes open to all those who are attending! This year we would like to announce that Camera House has generously offered THREE $500 vouchers as prizes! So naturally we have three categories you can enter! But be quick... we are super disorganised with this competition so timelines are tight!
TOP 30 IMAGES SELECTED BY SEPT 4th 2019
PRINTING/MOUNTING FEES DUE SEPT 8th 2019
WINNERS ANNOUNCED SEPT 20th 2019
ENVIRONMENTAL PORTRAITS - $500 Camera House Voucher
WILDLIFE/NATURE/MACRO - $500 Camera House Voucher
HOW TO ENTER:
****MAX 3 IMAGES PER PERSON AND YOU MUST BE A BFOP 2019 TICKET HOLDER****
1. READ THE RULES BELOW
By submitting a photo you are consenting to these rules and are pinky promising us that you've read them AND understand them... and nobody breaks pinky promises.
2. OUTPUT YOUR PHOTO
Please use these specs:
- JPEG Image
-Longest edge to be 4000-5000 pixels
-300 pixels per inch (although it's kind of irrelevant)
-Image to be no larger than 15MB
3. RENAME YOUR IMAGE:
Please use this formula:
Category = Landscape, Portrait, Nature (please pick the relevant one)
FullName = Your full name... as per your ticket to BFOP
PhoneNumber = Mobile number
Title = Clever name for your image
4. SEND YOUR IMAGE TO US - ENTRIES CLOSE 30th AUG 2019
Jump onto www.wetransfer.com and send your image using their FREE file transfer service. We will download it from there and have it entered.
Entries only accepted from www.wetransfer.com addressed to email@example.com
5. IF YOU ARE SELECTED TO HANG - SELECTIONS ON 4th SEPT 2019
We will be in contact and ask you to pay the $75 printing/mounting fee. This is non-negotiable as it's a massive pain to have prints being shipped from all over the place... sorry.
6. WINNERS ANNOUNCED - ANNOUNCED 20th SEPT 2019
Prize winners will be announced (and rewarded) at BFOP 2019 at the Bright Art Gallery 2pm Friday 20th September. And images will be hung for an ongoing exhibition through October.
7. YOU GET YOUR PRINT BACK
This relies on Nick getting your print from Bright and brining it back to Melbourne... or you can revisit Bright and pick it up on a selected date (the gallery will inform you). This won't happen in a huge rush but you will get your printed and mounted work back 🙂
1. Decisions in the photo contest will be arbitrary, indefensible and final!
2. To participate in the competition you need to have a valid ticket for BFOP 2019.
3. Prizes may change without notice and are non-exchangeable (if in doubt see rule 1).
4. You must have taken the photo entered and own the copywrite. No images that have already been entered in BFOP competitions or have won or placed in major (read, non-social media) competitions. Any dodgy stuff will have you banned for life.
5. We don’t care how you have manipulated the images, but we prefer images that haven’t been messed with too much
6. The organisers may lose your photos, misattribute them, or in other ways cock things up. BFOP accept no liability for these inevitable cock ups. It’s part of the charm of a BFOP event.
7. You retain the copy-write for your photos but grant BFOP a limited licence to use them to promote BFOP and the BFOP photo competition.
8. In entering the competition you accept that BFOP will get a local printer to print and mat your image. This printing may not be to your taste (or ours). You promise not to whinge too much about this. You accept if it is really bad Matt, Nick and Anne may buy you a beer in full and final compensation for the treatment of your photo. You will also be responsible for coughing up the $75 for printing and Matting
9. Maximum 3 entries per person, don't care if they are all one category, spread amongst the three or kept to a conservative 2 categories... enter more than 3 total and we will pop our spam filter on and ensure your entries find a nice home in the Junk Email folder
10. There are always ten rules.